Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Interviews

     I am usually pretty cautious when it comes to on camera interviews.  Call me paranoid but when it comes to speaking on political movements it can be difficult to know who you can trust not to chop and screw your words to their advantage.  Personally I'd rather only talk to people that I've gotten to know or can be vouched for by someone I trust. 

Anywho- one such person that I met, named Arpan has decided to make a short documentary on raid night and will be screening it on July 24. (details and trailers below) Although I have not known him for very long, I know he has gone out of his way to make sure that a variety of voices are represented in his piece- which more people should make an honest effort to do I think.

So.... come support! A couple people featured in the film, myself included, will be participating in a Q&A afterwards.

-------------- 

July 24, 2012
Sancho Art Gallery


1549 West Sunset Boulevard
Echo Park, CA 90026
A short film about the arrests at Occupy Los Angeles told by the arrested activists in their own words, by Arpan Roy.

Also, HEATHER LOCKIE and ALEX WAND will be performing Woody Guthrie songs in Woody's old LA neighborhood - Echo Park!

The event begins at 8, and the film will show at 9. There will be a Q&A after the film. $5 donation.


No comments:

Post a Comment